your thoughts whether vicarious trauma interventions should address organizational practices and explain why. Then describe the intervention you selected and three types of trauma-response helping professionals for whom this intervention would be appropriate and explain why. Use the Learning Resources and current literature to support your response.
- Course Text: Compassion Fatigue: Coping with secondary traumatic stress disorder in those who treat the traumatized
- Chapter 7, “Treating the “Heroic Treaters”
- Chapter 8, “Treating Therapists with Vicarious Traumatization and Secondary Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Course Text: Treating compassion fatigue
- Chapter 2, “The Trauma of Working with Traumatized Children”
- Article: Bartley, A. G. (2007). Confronting the realities of volunteering for a national disaster. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 29(1), 4 – 16.
- Article: Kress, V. E. W., Trippany, R. L., & Nolan, J. M. (2003). Responding to sexual assault victims: Considerations for college counselors. Journal of College Counseling, 6(2), 124–133.
- Article: Putnam, S. E. (2009). The monsters in my head: Posttraumatic stress disorder and the child survivor of sexual abuse. Journal of Counseling & Development, 87(1), 80–89.
- Article: VanDeusen, K., & Way, I. (2006). Vicarious trauma: An exploratory of the impact of providing sexual abuse treatment on clinicians’ trust and intimacy. Journal of Child Sexual Abuse, 15(1), 69–85.
- Article: Perron, B., & Hiltz, B. (2006). Burnout and secondary trauma among forensic interviewers of abused children. Child and Adolescent Social Work Journal, 23(2), 216–234.
- Article: Schauben, L., & Frazier, P. (1995). Vicarious Trauma: The effects of working with sexual violence survivors. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 19(1), 49 – 64.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get a Discount! Use Coupon Code “Newclient”
The post Intervention appeared first on Savvy Essay Writers.